KIT + Course option IS A PREORDER. Orders close 3rd November. Kits will dispatch from the 8th of November.
We take you through the very basics of carving a spoon out of green wood. From choosing your wood and your tools to the basics cuts as well as finishing, we will have you making spoons in no time.
- Choosing your wood
- Roughing out with an axe
- Basic cuts
- Fine tuning your shape
The course consists of written and video tutorials.
The lessons will be hosted in Gartur Stitch Farm School on Mighty Networks, and include a mix of written, photographed and video step by steps. Each lesson will also include a printable PDF.
When you order, you will receive an email with the course joining instructions. Upon purchase, you will get instant, full access to the course to work through at your own pace. Please be sure to save the login details somewhere safe.
The course is available to work through at any time. Each lesson is about 15 minutes long, but it will take longer to complete each step in the spoon making process.
Buying this course as a gift?
Our pdf gift voucher is available at no extra cost. On completion of your purchase, you will receive an email from our automated system. The attached pdf can be printed out and included in your gift.
Need the kit as well?
Choose the Course plus Kit option to receive the following -
- Online course sign up details via pdf
- 1x Mora 102 carving knife
- 1x Mora 164 spoon carving crook with an updated handle.
- You can choose from left handed or right handed versions.
- 5x spoon blanks
- The spoon blanks are various sizes and wood types for carving practice. They are cut to order and will vary from those shown here.
- 1x small jar of our homemade beeswax spoon butter.
- 1x illustrated postcard that shows the basic holds and cuts for spooncarving, illustrated by Rosanna Morris