There and Back Again
- We got to play (and work) with Kat and her kids
- The kids and Kevin played and walked in every local park to where we were staying
- I crocheted approximately 40,000 stitches and wrote approximately 10,000 words
- We visited museums and friends
- We drove for 7 and 8 hour stretches, through the night
- Ellis' favourite thing was the Underground
- Georgia's favourite thing was her "Dampa"
- Theo's favourite thing was food
- London was less awful than I remembered it. Pleasant, in fact. Though I was happy to be back when I saw the hills again.
Other than when working with Kat, I hardly picked up my camera. I just didn't feel like it and then I came home and can think of nothing else. Travel photojournalist I will not be.
We returned home to a pile of bills and a mountain of yarn and a very long to do list...reality with a thump (but cushioned gently by all that yarn).
A couple of notes:
- Manual Overdrive has just a few days left to register.
- I got to spend some time actually reading blogs last week and fell in love with a couple that had been in my reader for awhile, but I hadn't ever had a chance to read: Lulu Loves and Little Cotton Rabbits are currently my two favourites.
- The kids' bedroom is featured over at the Great British Family blog.