The One In Which I Bore You To Tears
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Ben and Jerry's is my favourite icecream, but I only eat the cookie dough bits as I don't really like ice
2. I love quotations and even have a quotation book with
embellished copies of my favourite quotes in it. I love opening it up
and looking at it, but keep forgetting to add to it.
3. I met Kevin when we were working at Camp Courageous of Iowa. I
was 17 and he was 18. As I walked over to be introduced to him I
thought to myself, "I am going to marry you".
4. After meeting him, I thought he was a terribly annoying person. Obviously, I got over it.
5. I read 5 or 6 books at once. At the minute, I am reading Last
Child in the Woods, The Unschooling Handbook, The Idle Parent, The
Angel's Game and Buddhism for Mothers
6. In the last 8 years I have lived in 6 houses and had 6 jobs. I
have been in the current house and job for about 3 and a half years
7. I do not like to be interrupted when speaking.
8. Ellis was so named after we could not find a first name to go
with his middle name, Sol. My friend suggested Ellis after her
grandfather. He was almost named Finlay, but I much prefer Ellis.
9. I was in labour with Ellis for an hour and a half.
10. I took voice and trombone lessons for many years. I can still occasionally be found singing in the shower.
11. I hate vacuuming and am considering ripping up the carpet on our stairs so I don't have to ever do it again.
12. I love to sew, but have very little patience, which is why I
would never sell anything I make because I am always cutting corners
and deviating from patterns. It is my current resolution to slow down.
13. At 30, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but am very happy so I guess it doesn't matter that much.
14. I write a lot of letters of complaint. Some I post, many I do
not. I firmly believe that people need to stand up when goods and
services do not meet their standards and that sometimes people are just
too nice, particularly when it comes to maternity services in the NHS.
15. For most of my life I thought I was allergic to fish. I am
not, but after so many years of being told something might kill you,
its difficult to develop a taste for it.
16. I am currently going through a rather low point in terms of
motivation and creativity. I am trying to write through it, which is
why you are being subjected to this list.
17. I only work well under pressure. On days where I have time
and space to do things, I find the magnetic draw of sitting on the sofa
crocheting too hard to resist.
18. I write myself gratitude notes all the time when I am feeling
low. I know there is an iPhone app for it, but I never remember to use
it. So my handbag is just littered with scraps of paper, like happy
19. I take a bath every night. I know its wasteful and I know
that molten hot bath water is bad for me, but I love it and I can't
20. I am addicted to lip balm. But console myself in the fact that I am at least no longer addicted to caffeine or sugar.
21. Someone once asked Kevin if we were growing Cannabis in the front garden, because it looks like this.
22. I can not stand puzzles or board games. I do not enjoy them in the slightest, especially toddler puzzles.
23. I once had an iguana named Barbarella.
24. My nicknames in my family are Katie CowPie and Froglips
25. I love the smell of bergamot